Study in the United States
The application process to a College or University in the United States can be stressing and overwhelming, reason for which we make it as smooth as possible for you.
Why Study in the USA?
When you study in the United States you will have the opportunity to live, learn and feel another culture as well as its people. This is a unique experience that will enrich you as a person for the rest of your life. You will also have the opportunity of building up new friendships, learn or deepen your English skills, obtain a degree and even participate in internships and job opportunities.
How to Apply to a University in the USA
Get ready to travel and make your dreams come true.
- Why do you want to study in the United States?
- When are you planning on starting?
- What is your high school grade average or GPA (Grade Point Average)?
- Have you already taken the required exams?
- Do you want to be in a public or private institution?
- Which area in the United States do you want to live?
- Do you prefer to live on-campus or off-campus?
We, -FOSEAS-, will give you one-on-one counseling during your application process:
- We will search the colleges or universities that best fit your needs
- We will create list of colleges or universities and will let you know requirements and more
- We will establish a plan with you
- We will take care of sending any mail within the United States as well as follow-up calls
- We will help you with your letters of regret and more
Before starting any application process you must take:
TOEFL or IELTS
If English is not your native language:
Scholarships are always a good way to help with all the costs of studying in a college and/or university. It is always a good idea to do some research on ways to obtain some kind of financial aid in your home country as well as in the United States. Keep in mind that applications for this kind of aid has to be done way ahead of time.
There are different types of scholarships offered for students planning on attending a US college and / or University such as:
- Athletic scholarships
- Academic scholarships
- Need based scholarships, etc.
These are not the only ways of obtaining financial help. You may want to visit Collegeboard - Big Future
International students will need a visa before travelling to the United States. In order to do this you need an acceptance letter from an accredited college / university so that you are enrolled in the SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). You will have to pay the I-90 fee and the institution that accepted you will provide an I-20. You must present this form (I-20) to the consular officer once you have your visa interview.
If you are married and have children, they will also need an I-20.
The procedures are as follow:
- Complete the online visa application
- Schedule an interview
- Gather the necessary documentation
For more accurate information please visit www.travel.state.gov or visit your nearest US Embassy or Consulate.